Sunday, March 1, 2009

24!!!!!

Just had my BDAYYY!!! This is the first time I've celebrated it outside of California since my one-year-old birthday in England. Who knew I'd be celebrating it in Gaborone, Botswana 23 years later. We all went to dinner at Ashoka, this awesome Indian restaurant and I had my favorite yummilicious dish, the mutton sagwala! We saved the rest of the celebration for the weekend:) I have to say, being away on my bday made me think of the fam and friends back home more than ever...Gosh do I love and miss you guys!

So I can't believe I'm 24, one year closer to menopause and saggy boobs..should I really be celebrating? JK of course...I'd still say I'm young and plus, every age has its beauty. 
It's funny, when I was in high school kids in college seemed so grown up to me and now that I've graduated I feel like I'm supposed to be some mature young woman and know all the answers. But really, I just know how to act mature at the right moments and pretend I know the answers when I'm actually just guessing them. I think we're all just kids with bigger toys and nicer wardrobes except we now have bills to pay...YUCK. Hey Mr.Gates, can you just adopt me? Money money money, sounds so funny, in a rich mans world~says ABBA... The thing is, I don't want to base my decisions in life on money and being able to pay the bills. Sure that's obviously important, but first and foremost you should be doing something that makes you happy, something that gives you a natural inner drive. Isn't life too short to be living as a lemming? That doesn't mean you can't be smart with your money and become wealthy. I'm just saying you should be able to do both and it's not worth it to forsake your happiness for a mountain of gold. The most successful people in life are the ones who do things they love. It seems like the hard part is finding out what that is. And how do we want to make that part of our path in life? So yeah..thats where I'm at right now. Like I said, I don't know the answers...just guessing...and I'm guessing there's probably more than one answer as well. 
Anyhow, I'm quite exhausted after this birthday weekend.
Tootles for now

Yas

No comments: