Monday, March 23, 2009

Great Expectations

It has now been close to almost two months. I must say that i was very skeptical initially. We were all fresh people straight out of college eager and keen to take over the world. Some of us had just been working for a couple of months.

Through my parents practice i would hear dreary stories of working with the government, and governmental organizations! How they take soooooooooo ever so long to do the simplest of things.

Man was i WRONG!!

I had never anticipated in my stereotypical view of governmental work; that our two leaders Katy, and Lesedi would be so determined to get this thing off the floor. Within the first month we had made our presence aware. The first presentation that i went to with the team at USAID blew everybody outta the water. Between, " Great Idea," "I am happy to see such determined young people,""you look great!" we heard no other remarks.

It has now been close to two months and we are known by the Ministry of Health, BAPL, Baler Clinic, Mascom and VARIOUS other huge organizations. The software is already up and running. Pilot test was executed and successful. I dont mean to toot our own horn, but we got our shit together.

I guess thats the difference in just working, and working for something you believe in passionately. I would like to thank the whole team for giving me this Golden opportunity to help in changing the lives of some of the people in Botswana, and to tell you all how AMAZING it is working with you.

No comments: